We advise all our clients to read through the Jem Aesthetics terms and conditions before making a booking.
These are put in place to safeguard the clinic and to ensure the maximum standards and service are offered to the client.
In booking an appointment you are agreeing to the clinic terms and conditions stated below.
All clients are required to provide contact details; including address, telephone number and email address at their consultation appointment.
Consultation Forms & Medical Questionnaires
- All clients will need to complete a Medical history form at their first appointment. This is necessary to assess whether treatment is suitable for you, or likely to be successful, prior to any treatment being carried out. If not, we will inform you as to the reasons why. Jem Aesthetics will not be responsible for anything not disclosed. Changes to your medical status must be relayed to your aesthetic practitioner before treatments are carried out. This information will be treated as confidential and protected in accordance with Data Protection legislation. No information is shared with third parties without written permission.
- Jem Aesthetic treatments do not include diagnosis or treatment of underlying medical conditions.
- The treatment, advice and information offered by Jem Aesthetics does not replace the advice or care of medical professionals treating you for ongoing medical conditions. It is advisable that you inform both your medical practitioner and any complimentary practitioners of the treatment you are undertaking at Jem Aesthetics if you are undergoing ongoing medical treatments.
- If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, please provide as much notice as possible, so that Jem Aesthetics may make best use of our appointment diary. The cancellation policy is in place as a courtesy to both practitioner and other clients. Giving notice will enable us to re-schedule your treatment to a more convenient time and allows us to free up time for other clients waiting to book their appointment.
- Please do NOT attend the clinic for an appointment if you are unwell. If you are unsure, please call and discuss with the practitioner. Many treatments are contraindicated if you are unwell; this includes colds, cold sores or local skin infections.
- Routine review appointments are offered after treatment with Botulinum Toxin and Dermal Filler as a courtesy. No addition charge is applied for review appointments.
- Consultation and assessments are required for all new patients. Depending on treatment required, your treatment may not be given at your first appointment.
- We do not treat children or young adults under the age of 18.
Please do not bring children to the clinic unless they are old enough to be left unsupervised.
Children will not be allowed to accompany you into the treatment rooms.
Preparing for Treatment
- It is advisable you avoid alcohol for 24hrs prior to treatment.
- Unless prescribed for an ongoing medication condition, you are advised to avoid aspirin, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, such as ibuprofen, and any recreational drugs for 48 hours prior to treatment undertaken in the clinic. Jem Aesthetics cannot be held responsible for any adverse effects resulting from the use of the aforementioned.
- Please ensure that you have had enough food and that you are adequately hydrated before undergoing treatment.
- Whilst Jem Aesthetics undertake to provide excellent service; factual, honest and ethical advice, safe, expert treatment in experienced hands and only the best products, we cannot guarantee your results and cannot offer refunds if the results achieved fail to meet your expectations.
- Skin care products are non-returnable/refundable
- You will be advised of the full costs of any treatment plan proposed and agreed, including that of any maintenance treatment, before any treatment is undertaken.
- Payment is taken, in full at the time of treatment.
- The clinic accepts cash, or major debit and credit cards. Cheques and American Express are not accepted.
- A discretionary deposit will be taken for some treatments and in some circumstances.
- The client agrees to comply with all instructions and/or recommendations given to them by, or on behalf of Jem Aesthetics regarding the care of a treated area.
- Jem Aesthetics will not be liable in contract, tort or otherwise for any economic loss (including, without limitation, loss of profit), or for any other special, indirect or consequential loss or damage arising out of, or in connection with, its provision of any goods and/or services to the client.
- It is the client’s responsibility to ensure that he or she provides Jem Aesthetics with all relevant medical details prior to each treatment. Jem Aesthetics will not be liable for any damage that occurs because of the client’s failure to disclose such details.
- The client agrees to comply with all instructions and/or recommendations given to them by, or on behalf of, Jem Aesthetics regarding the care of a treated area. Nothing in these terms of business shall exclude or limit Jem Aesthetics liability for death or any personal injury resulting from Jem Aesthetics.
- Jem Aesthetics always welcomes and appreciates feedback from clients, whether this is positive or negative as it allows improvement for you.
- If you have a complaint, please advise Jem Aesthetics as soon as possible in writing, email or text. An appointment will be made for you to be seen.
- Jem Aesthetics aim to exceed all client’s expectations and provide them a first-class service and enjoyable experience. However, we recognise that sometimes things to not go to plan. The quickest and most effective way of resolving any problem is to contact Jem Aesthetics either by telephone or email. Jem Aesthetics will listen carefully to your concerns and do what can be done to correct any problems and provide a suitable solution.
- Please expect a response within the first seven working days after submitting your complaint to us.
Website Retail Policy
- As part of your treatment program, you may be prescribed skincare, which can be purchased in the clinic, for use at home. Some internet traders are now selling such products. They are not, in most cases, authorised or trained to do so, and in many cases the source of the supply is unknown. Using such a product, which may not be appropriate for your skin, and may be short-dated or counterfeit, can result in an adverse skin reaction. Jem Aesthetics recommends that you purchase/order the products that you are prescribed from the clinic or recommended source, so that you get the results you expect.